ABOUT THIS COURSE
Through this online course, participants will explore the different approaches to industrial parks financing, as well as strategies for attracting new investors, but also retaining existing ones.
Participants will learn how to identify and attract impact investors that will contribute to the achievement of SDGs and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
After completing this course, participants will learn the following:
- How to mobilize resources to finance industrial parks development initiatives?
- How to effectively promote industrial parks to investors?
- How do investors make investment decisions?
- How can industrial parks develop compelling location value propositions?
Module 1: Industrial Parks Financing
- The basics of industrial parks financing
- Industrial parks financing needs
- Industrial parks financing strategies
- Choosing the best financing strategies
Module 2: Introduction to investment attraction
- Typical investment attraction and promotion activities
- Different types of international investment
- Common components of an investment attraction and promotion strategy
Module 3: Understanding investors
- Why companies engage in greenfield investment
- The investor’s perspective and the key factors driving location decisions
- The process that investors typically go through when evaluating and selecting sites
- How promoting industrial zones influences investors
Module 4: Developing effective value propositions
- To appreciate the role and importance of value propositions in investment promotion and attraction
- How to develop and use effective value propositions
- How to differentiate between value propositions
Module 5: Identifying target investors
- The role of identifying target investors in the investment attraction process
- Targeting techniques
- Practical tips for finding target investors
Module 6: Approaching, qualifying and engaging with investors
- How to approach potential investors
- Why to qualify investment leads
- How to continue engaging with potential investors
Module 7: Marketing and branding
- About the key marketing channels for investment promotion
- The type of promotional materials that works best with investors
- How to develop a location brand?
- How to work with partners?
Module 8: Organizing site visits
- The importance of site visits and the role they play in investment decision-making
- Organizing site visits
- National and local stakeholders involved in investors site visits
- Attractive presentation of investment sites
Module 9: Working with customer relationship management (CRM)
- The meaning of customer relationship management (CRM)
- The importance of CRM for investment attraction
- How to make the best use of CRM to support an industrial park’s investment attraction
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a certificate
To successfully complete the course, learners are expected to:
- Complete all modules, including videos, case studies and study the mandatory reading materials.
- Complete all quizzes at the end of each module and pass the final evaluation quizzes.
- Complete all assignments and actively participate in discussion forums.
- Participate in live webinars, if any.
Join the IPP network of experts!
After completing the learning programme, participants will be able to join IPP Network that comprises experts and professionals in the domain of industrial parks and special economic zones and will ensure the continuous learning and exchange of ideas and best practices.
This course has been produced by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) to support the development of industrial parks around the world.
The course was supported with the financial support of the Government the People's Republic of China within the framework of the UNIDO project: “Establishing UNIDO Industrial Parks Guiding Framework” and “Promoting sustainable industrial parks via South-South and triangular industrial cooperation platform”.
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 8 hours per week
- Certificate: Yes
- Level: Intermediate
- Format: Self-paced, with fixed dates
- Language: English